How to turn on/off conversation view in Gmail
Conversation View helps you group all email, both old mails and incoming email in the same topic together. Conversation View is on by default, but you can turn it on/off on Computer or Android device. This feature can't turn off on iOS (iPhone/iPad).
But some people are not happy with this feature, that it's harder to find their emails. So follow our instructions to turn it on or off.
- Sign in to Gmail
- After signing in, click click the gear button in the top right, select Settings
- In General tab, scroll down, you can find "Conversation View" section. Select your choice and click "Save changes" at the bottom of page.
On Android & iOS
- Open Gmail app on your device
- Tap the Menu icon in the top left of your screen.
- Tap on "Settings".
- Choose "General Settings".
- Find Conversation View and check/uncheck the box to turn on/off this feature. Your change is saved automatically.